i know it's supposed to be: it's never too late to apologize, so don't try to be a smarty-ass by correcting me.
ARCHIVES
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
Wow.
today was some day. hahhaha
but before all of this.. I want to show you what I wanted to say today actually.
Hello fellow Athenians, my name is Ashleen Ngion and my middle name is Athena. Today I just want to share with you what happened to me yesterday. Yesterday I played badminton doubles game. At one particular point of the match, my partner, Alina and I were losing terribly because we were exhausted. So desperate times calls for desperate measures, my big mouth and I announced to the entire court that if my doubles pair did not win this game, I predicted that I would not enter Council. Basically it was just an incentive to play well. Unfortunately we lost that match. I joked that I wasn’t going to get into Council. Suddenly, Alina said to me, “hey let’s play another game.” And I was a bit surprised, but then it occurred to me that she wasn’t ready to give up yet so my big mouth and I announced that if we win this game, the previous bet would not count. It was a tough fight but I was so encouraged by how Alina fought so hard for us.. for me. You see, fellow Athenians, just like how Alina encouraged me, today I ask for you to vote for me, to vote the rest of PEA because I hope that you would play a part to help me reach my Council dream. Harvey Dent from the Dark Knight once said “chance is everything.” But fellow Athenians, I say to you today that he was wrong, because chance isn’t everything, but your vote is.
hahaha I know there's not much a link but thank you Alina! you really made my day yesterday even though my face was too exhausted to show it.
however, eventually I couldn't do this speech because it exceeded by 1 minute! and Kah Loke said that they'll cut us.. which they really did... without any hesitation. So I did some stupid thing... which involved trying to act like I can play guitar, trying to flip the coin and failing to catch it.. basically thoroughly embarrassing myself. oh well.. never mind, the LT sounded like they enjoyed it :( maybe Athenians are sadistic or something. lol and I sang Lydia dedicated to the current cutest guy in the world... LOUIS. omgosh. I win. I don't even know whether his name is spelt this way. I shall upload a picture some other day... Jerome the big pig put it as my phone's wallpaper... not that I mind :D heehee.
okay.. my list of people to thank:
SAMUEL - for staying on the phone with me and laughing at my speech the previous day.
EEYANG, YUANYI, BEEHIANG & ALINA - for brainstorming for ideas for my speech :D
ANDAI - for being the king that he is -.- okay no lah. thank you for being so encouraging and saying that I sing well... no matter how sarcastic you are. lol
SUCHIN, HUIYING, WOONLUE - for saying that they'll get people to vote for me. don't know how true but never mind. lol
JIANLE - the awesome ___ for telling me my rendition of Lydia was quite good until I burst out laughing.
HUIQI, WAIFOON & JOCELYN - for being so AWESOMELY SUPPORTIVE. I love you guys. I was seriously damn touched when I saw your posters.
ATHENIANS - for laughing at me. -.-
and all who messaged me good luck :D